Pensions Automatic Enrolment
What is automatic enrolment?
Automatic enrolment places duties on employers to automatically enrol ‘workers’ into a work based pension scheme. The main duties are:
- assessing the types of workers in the business
- providing a qualifying automatic enrolmentpension scheme for the relevant workers
- writing to most of their workers explaining what automatic enrolment into a workplace pension means for them
- automatically enrolling all ‘eligible jobholders’ into the scheme and paying employer contributions
- completing the declaration of compliance and keeping records.