- What is your current role at Ryecroft Glenton?
I am a member of the Accounts & Outsourced Services department, specialising in Cloud Accounting.
- How long have you been here?
1 year 2 months
- Where did you grow up?
I was born in Hong Kong then moved to the UK with my family when I was 7 years old and have been in Newcastle since. I have moved away for a short periods at a time; I lived in Northampton and Milton Keynes during my placement year, Birmingham when I studied for my Post Grad and then Hong Kong for about a year after graduation.
- What are your hobbies/interests away from the office?
With two young boys there isn’t much time to have a hobby but during any time I get to myself I like to read about feminism history, particularly in South East Asia.
- If you could have dinner with any three people from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be and why?
I think my choices are mostly influenced by my culture and fascination with Chinese history.
Jiang Qing, aka Madam Mao – to hear her version of events.
Dowager Cixi – although she was the last empress of China, she was the most infamous one. It would be really interesting to hear about life in the forbidden city from the perspective of a concubine who then became one of the most powerful women in China.
Finally, to shake up the group a bit, I would also like the presence of Chris Hemsworth (my girl crush)
- What’s your favourite eating establishment in Newcastle?
Chilli Padi at Leazes Lane, Newcastle. They have the best Hanan chicken rice in the North East and also serve very authentic Malaysian cuisine.
- What reality show would you go on and why?
The Real Housewives, any of the US ones. I love the drama, it’s all very amusing.
- Which country would you most like to visit?
Hawaii, perhaps when the boys are a little bit older.
- Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
Prince Andrew – I did my University placement at the Nissan Cranfield site and Prince Andrew was the guest of honour at the launch of a new vehicle.
- What TV shows do you enjoy?
I would have to say This is Us and Friends. You can never get bored of Friends.
- What’s the one movie you watch over and over?
- Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment (I’m working on it).
- What’s your favourite song of all time?
Ronan Keating – When you say nothing at all.
- What was the first record you bought?
That’s a very long time ago but I think it must have been an N’sync single.
- What is your favourite book?
Becoming Madam Mao by Anchee Min.
- If you were not an accountant what would you be?
Something to do with PR or marketing as I love talking to people.
- If you had to learn another language what would it be and why?
French, it’s very romantic.
- Where is the best place you’ve visited?
Jinju in South Korea, it is very peaceful with beautiful views and lovely locals. Although it is not that far from Seoul, it is very different.
- What Olympic event would you compete in and why?
I prefer to watch than to participate, it’s more enjoyable.