Small and medium sized businesses in England are set to benefit from new government grants, designed to help them recover from the impact of Covid-19 by obtaining specialist advice, such as from accountants.
The scheme details are as follows:
- Grants of between £1k and £5k are available from an overall fund of £20m;
- Grants can be used to cover the cost of specialist advice from accountants, lawyers, HR, IT or digital experts;
- They can also be used for the purchase of new technology and equipment;
- The advice/purchase must directly respond to the impact of Covid-19;
- All grants must be awarded by 28 February 2021 with all activity fully completed by 31 March 2021.
The funding is provided by the England European Regional Development Fund, through 38 growth hubs, such as the North East Local Enterprise Partnership. The North East has been allocated £1.8m of this funding, more than any other region.
We will share further information on how to claim as and when details are available.