Ryecroft Glenton’s (RG) Transaction Services team has experienced its busiest year to date, providing transaction support services on a number of transactions alongside RG’s award-winning in-house Corporate Finance team (RGCF).
As the UK continues to recover from the impact of Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic, the RG Transaction Services team has seen a significant increase in regional and national M&A transactions. This has led to the team providing financial and tax due diligence services to a number of clients, including: –
- Advising Comhar Capital on their majority investment in Bazaar Group, a market-leading furniture manufacturer and ecommerce retailer. The funding supports Bazaar Group’s future market development which is focused on international expansion and new ecommerce platforms in the UK and Europe.
- Advising managed IT services provider razorblue on their expansion into Scotland with the acquisition of sarn Technologies. With eight offices and teams across the UK, the acquisition forms part of razorblue’s strategy to become the most trusted managed IT service provider in the SME marketplace.
- Advising Shard Credit Partners on their facilitation of the debt refinancing and shareholder reorganisation of Midwest Mechanical and Electrical Services Ltd. The transaction allowed the exit of original founder Steve Lokucewicz whilst also supporting the business’ future expansion plans.
The RG Transaction Services team has worked closely with the RGCF team on a number of transactions. RGCF are not only the largest full-service CF advisory firm in the region, with a headcount of 22, but also one of the most active, advising clients on various transactions such as acquisitions, disposals, MBOs and MBIs.
RGCF and RG Transaction Services have collaborated in supporting ed-tech specialist eQuality Solutions Group (eQS), which is a leading disability, diversity and inclusion business based in the North-East. eQS has embarked on an ambitious “buy and build” growth strategy, focused on achieving £30m turnover by 2023.
This collaboration involved RGCF acting as lead CF advisor and the RG Transaction Services team providing eQS with financial and tax due diligence services on a number of transactions, including;
- The acquisition of South-West based Amano Technologies Limited, a provider of non-medical help services;
- The acquisition of London-based Equality Works Group, a provider of specialist EDI&MW equipment, software, training and mentoring; and
- The acquisition of The Educational Guidance Service Limited, a provider of cognitive disability assessments within both the educational and workplace settings.
The M&A market remains very active as we move towards the end of 2021 and the RG Transaction Services team look forward to a busy end to the year.
If you’d like to discuss any of the above further, please contact head of RG Transaction Services, Grahame Maughan.