The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted by restrictions.
Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.
Who is eligible:
Local councils have the freedom to determine the eligibility criteria for these grants. However, the government is expecting the funding to help those businesses who were not legally forced to close but are severely impacted by the restrictions. This could include:
- businesses which supply the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors
- businesses in the events sector
- business required to close but which do not pay business rates
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if it is:
- In administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- Has already exceeded the permitted state aid limit
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority by completing an online form via the local authority website.