Businesses that were open as usual, but were then required to due to local restrictions (Tier 3) imposed by government may be eligible for The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG -Closed).
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they are closed.
Who is eligible:
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England;
- Occupying property on which business rates are paid and you are the ratepayer;
- Required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September;
- Required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions; and
- Unable to provide your usual in-person customer service from the premises.
For example, this could include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses. It could also include businesses that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses can receive one grant for each non-domestic property.
The precise set of businesses eligible for the scheme may vary between each local council area in recognition of the specific restrictions in each area.
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if:
- It continued to operate during the period of restrictions because you do not depend on providing direct in-person services from your premises;
- Restrictions were introduced for less than 14 days or you were closed for less than 14 days;
- You opted to close, but have not been required to do so as part of national restrictions;
- It is subject to national closures; or
- You exceeded the permitted state aid limit.
What funding is available:
The grants available are as follows:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of up to £667 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of up to £1,000 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over, grants of £1,500 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority by completing an online form via the local authority website.