Businesses that have not had to close but which have been severely impacted due to local restrictions (Tier 2 or Tier 3) may be eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG -Open).
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 28 day period of local restrictions.
Local councils have discretion to provide grant funding for businesses under this scheme. They will use their discretion in identifying the right businesses to receive this funding, based on their application process.
Who is eligible:
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England;
- Located in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 since 1 August 2020 and has been severely impacted because of the local restrictions;
- Established before the introduction of the local tier system; and
- Not required to close but has been impacted by location restrictions.
Local councils have the freedom to determine the precise eligibility criteria for these grants. However, the government expect the funding to be targeted at hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure businesses.
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if:
- It was established after the introduction of the local tier system;
- It is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- You have exceeded the permitted state aid limit
What funding is available:
The grants available are as follows:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of up to £934 for each 28 day period.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of up to £1,400 for each 28 day period.
- For properties with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 and over, grants of up to £2,100 for each 28 day period.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority. The process is expected to be available mid to late November. It is expected that businesses will complete an online form via the local authority website and payments will be received within ten working days.
Whilst national restiction are in place, these grants will not be available and relevant businesses will receive funding from one of the alternative LRSG grant schemes. However, once national restrictiions are lifted and we return to the tier system, these grants will be available.