Businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions introduced in March 2020, and which have not been able to re-open, may be eligible for The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LSRG -Sector).
Eligible businesses, being nightclubs, dance halls and adult entertainment venues, are entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they are closed.
Who is eligible:
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England;
- Occupying a property on which business rates are paid and you are the ratepayer; and
- Closed because of the national restrictions since 23 March 2020
Eligible businesses can receive one grant per non-domestic property.
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if it:
- Re-opened as another type of business (for example, changing a nightclub to a bar);
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- Exceeded the permitted state aid limit
What funding is available:
The grants available are as follows:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of £667 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of £1,000 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over, grants of £1,500 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority. The process is expected to be available mid to late November. It is expected that businesses will complete an online form via the local authority website and payments will be received within ten working days.