Businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions introduced in March 2020, and which have not been able to re-open, may be eligible for The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LSRG -Sector).
Eligible businesses, being nightclubs, dance halls and adult entertainment venues, are entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they are closed.
Who is eligible:
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England;
- Occupying a property on which business rates are paid and you are the ratepayer; and
- Closed because of the national restrictions since 23 March 2020
Eligible businesses can receive one grant per non-domestic property.
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if it:
- Re-opened as another type of business (for example, changing a nightclub to a bar);
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register; or
- Exceeded the permitted state aid limit
What funding is available:
The grants available are as follows:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of £667 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of £1,000 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over, grants of £1,500 for each 14 day period your business is closed.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority by completing an online form via the local authority website.