Businesses that were open as usual, but were then required to close between 5 November and 2 December 2020 due to the national restrictions imposed by government may be eligible for The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 28 day period under national restrictions.
Who is eligible:
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England;
- Occupies property on which business rates are paid and you are the ratepayer;
- Required to close because of the national restrictions from 5 November to 2 December 2020; and
- Unable to provide your usual in-person customer service from the premises
For example, this could include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses. It could also include businesses that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses can receive one grant for each non-domestic property.
Who is not eligible:
Your business may not be eligible if:
- The business continues to operate during the period of restrictions because you do not depend on providing direct in-person services from your premises;
- You opted to close, but have not been required to do so as part of national restrictions.
What funding is available:
The grants available are as follows:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of £934 per month.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of £1,400 per month.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over, grants of £2,100 per month.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to your local authority. The process is expected to be available mid to late November. It is expected that businesses will complete an online form via the local authority website and payments will be received within ten working days.